Want a Green Card? We Can Help With US Permanent Residence

When applying for US permanent residence, there are four different options.  You’ll need to determine which option suits you best.  Once you’ve selected your category, then you’ll need to correctly fill in an application, assemble the proper documentation, and fulfill all the requirements.  Your immigration case may be delayed for months, or even denied, if any of your duties are not completed.

If you want to be sure that all the aspects of your immigration case are prepared properly, it is wise to enlist the help of professional immigration lawyers.  Niren & Associates has over 14 years experience with US immigration, and we have helped hundreds of thousands of foreigners move to the US permanently.  Since you will need to be flawless when committing to the complicated immigration procedures, you can trust that we’ll use our extensive knowledge in US Permanent Residence to assist your case.

Contact our Edmonton immigration office and our  lawyers will perform a professional, honest assessment today

Many thanks for the assistance in arranging my Green Card application. I realize it wouldn’t have been possible without your assistance. Your help in preparing  me for interview questions was crucial. – Thomas W.

Your Green Card Options for Becoming a US Permanent Resident

There are many different categories through which you can obtain a green card.

Some of these categories include:

  • Family Based Petitions or Family Sponsorships
  • Spousal Sponsorship Petitions I-130
  • Employment-Based Petitions

Family Based Green Cards or Family Sponsorships

Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to apply for a US Green Card using a Family Based Petition for having relatives living in the US as US Citizens or Green Card holders. Certain family members may be eligible to sponsor or petition you for a Green Card.

Spousal Sponsorship Petitions I-130

If you are married to a US Citizen or a Green Card holder, your spouse may be eligible to sponsor you by filing an I-130 Petition. However, your spouse must earn an income that is equivalent to at least 125% above the poverty line. If this is not the case, your spouse will have to have a co-sponsor or co-signer complete an I-864 application form.  Further, if your spouse is not a US Citizen and only a Green Card holder or a US Permanent Resident, then the application can take much longer, usually a number of years to process.

There are also two different application procedures available for US Citizen Spouses:

1. The Consular Processing application where the foreign spouse usually remains outside the US while the application is in process and the application is forwarded to that spouse’s local US Consulate.

2. The Adjustment of Status (AOS) process. This process is for applicants who are already in the US usually as visitors, workers or students and who marry a US Citizen and want to remain in the US while their Spousal Petition is in process. This application involves filing an AOS application (Form I-485) along with the other applications such as the I-130 and I-864. The application is usually filed at the local district office in the state you live in.

NOTE: if you file an AOS application, you cannot leave the US until the application has been approved (unless you also file an I-131 application for Application for Advance Parole with the other AOS documents).

Employment-Based Petitions for a Green Card

You may have a US employer who is willing to petition you for US Permanent Residence. In this case, most applicants are usually already in the US on a valid US Work Visa such as an L1 Visa or an H-1B Visa. These Green Card applications are called Employment Based Petitions and usually involve filing an I-140 application to the Service Centre located in the jurisdiction of the place of employment.

With Our Edmonton Immigration Lawyers Working for You, Your US Immigration Case has a Good Chance of Success

Each option for obtaining a Green Card comes with its own set of legal challenges.  Our team of attorneys identifies your specific immigration needs, and we will apply our extensive legal knowledge to helping to process your application.

Since uprooting your life and moving to the US is not a simple task, you have enough details to worry about.  Leave the confusing legal issues to our team, so you can focus on starting a new life in the States.

Contact our Edmonton immigration law office for help with your US Permanent Residence applications today