Temporary Resident Permit Lawyers in Edmonton

Did you know that a criminal record can cause someone to be denied entry to Canada? Even if you only want to take a vacation in Canada or visit your family – or you need to come to Canada because of an emergency, it doesn’t matter. If you are denied entry to Canada because you have a criminal conviction in your history, you are criminally inadmissible to Canada. 

But if you are criminally inadmissible to Canada, there are ways of overcoming or removing your criminal inadmissibility so that you can enter Canada. However, if you don’t take the necessary steps to deal with your criminal inadmissibility, you will not be admitted into Canada.

Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit to Visit Edmonton

Someone who is applying for a temporary resident permit under normal circumstances must pay a processing fee, submit two passport photos, provide photocopies of their passport pages as well as make an application for a temporary resident permit.

However, when someone is criminally inadmissible to Canada they must add a number of other things to their application package in addition to the above.

For example, you will have to obtain a police certificate from federal, state and local authorities everywhere you’ve lived for a period longer than six months since you were 18 years old. You will also need to compile as much information about your criminal conviction as possible, such as copies of the laws under which you were charged (usually available online) and copies of the judgements that were made against you.

Remember that every situation is different, and depending on your personal circumstances and your criminal history, you may need to provide a number of other documents as well.

Denied Entry to Canada Lawyers in Edmonton

People are denied entry to Canada every day, and while it can be very embarrassing and inconvenient, you are not alone if you have been or may be denied entry to Canada. A temporary resident permit may be just the thing you need in order to get into Canada, but you must act before you travel. Seeking the professional assistance of a licensed immigration lawyer is a wise first step, because the temporary resident visa is also one of the most denied types of visas. Having your application and supporting documents reviewed by an immigration lawyer CAN make the difference!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.