How Do I Prove To Canadian Officers That I Will Leave At The End of my Visa?

When you obtain a visa to come and visit Canada, you may have to show Canadian visa officers proof that you have ties to your home country and that you will leave Canada after your visa expires. If you overstay your visa, that is illegal and you could run into some serious problems. Canadian Visa

How to show ties to your home country

There are many different documents you can use to prove to Canadian officers that you have sufficient ties to your home country and do not intend to stay in Canada longer than the duration of your visa. Some of these documents include:

– A letter from your employer on your company letterhead that is signed by your employer and indicates your current salary, the say you started working there, your position and any other relevant information. In addition, if your reasons for visiting Canada are work related, your employer letter should indicate why you are visiting Canada for work purposes. Ensure that the letter has contact information for your employer incase Canadian visa officers want to contact them.

– Utility bills such as electrical, gas or water bills that have your name and address on them, proving you have a home in which you are living in your home country.

– A rental agreement or property deed that shows your address and type of homeownership in your home country.

– Identification documents such as your driver’s license.

– Insurance documents such as health insurance (whether you are the beneficiary or the policy holder) and car insurance.

– A Statement of account from your bank that shows your assets as well as any credit card or debit card you have in your name.

Remember, you can always discuss your individual case with a licensed immigration officer to make sure you have sufficient information to prove your ties to Canada and lessen the risk of your Canadian visa application being denied. You can contact us using the form on the right – we would be happy to help!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.


Join Us Socially

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.