How to Study in Edmonton on a Student Visa

Are you a foreign national who wants to study at one of the many universities and educational institutions in Edmonton, Alberta? To do so, you will require a Canadian study permit, or student visa. These are highly sought-after visas that can even result in an opportunity for you to become a permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class program. However, they are not easy to obtain. 

Study in Edmonton on a Canadian study permit

Did you know that over 130,000 international students come to Canada every year to study? You can be one of them, if you ensure that you are eligible for a study permit in Canada before you apply.

To be eligible, you must be able to prove to Canadian immigration authorities that you have enough money to pay for your tuition for your course of study and that you can also pay for your general living expenses while you are a student in Canada.

In addition, you must have a letter of acceptance from a qualifying education institution in Canada before you apply.
Other requirements depend on your country of origin. For example, you may need to undergo a medical exam, and you could need to apply for a visitor visa before you can come to Canada along with being approved for your study permit. This is only usually necessary if you originate from a country that is not visa-exempt for Canada.

Study permit lawyers in Edmonton

If you want to apply for a student visa to study in Edmonton for the next school year, you will benefit greatly from the advice of a licensed immigration lawyer. We are an immigration law firm that has helped process countless study visa applications and know exactly what the requirements are. Don’t leave such an important opportunity up to chance – take every precaution necessary to ensure your application for a student visa has the best chance for success possible by discussing your case with a licensed immigration lawyer. We can be contacted at the above phone number.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.


Join Us Socially

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.