How to Renew a PR card in Edmonton in 2012

If you are an Edmonton resident who is also a permanent resident of Canada, you will need to renew your permanent resident card every five years. This is an important part of being a permanent resident in Canada, as you must have a valid permanent resident card at all times. If you don’t, you can run into problems and not be able to travel.¬†

When renewing your PR Card in Edmonton

It is highly recommended that you consult with an immigration lawyer when renewing your permanent resident card. This is because even a small mistake or forgetting one of the many pieces of supporting documents you’ll require can result in your application being returned to you – wasting time and your application fee, which is non-refundable.

You may also have extenuating circumstances that will make it difficult to renew your permanent resident card on your own. For example, you may have left it too long and actually allowed your permanent resident card to expire. If you’re out of the country when this happens, it can be very difficult to return to Canada. Another example is that you may have not met the residency requirement for the minimum physical presence in Canada. If you haven’t been living or working in Canada for two years out of the last five, we can help!

You will not be let tin the dark about your permanent residency card renewal application. Whether it is approved or denied, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will let you know. If your application is indeed approved and you are a resident of Edmonton, Alberta, you may be instructed to pick your new permanent resident card up at the office in Edmonton, Alberta:

9700 Jasper Ave., Suite 240
Canada Place
Edmonton, AB
T5J 4C3

In some cases, the card may be mailed to you.

Are you a Canadian permanent resident who needs to renew their permanent resident card? Do not go it alone – please seek assistance. Our licensed immigration attorneys can help you with all of your permanent resident card needs, including renewal applications. In addition if you have problems with your application, have not met the residency requirement or you are out of the country and stuck with an expired permanent resident card, please contact us. We can help you!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.