Family Sponsorship Allows You To Live In Canada

It would be possible for you to immigrate to Canada if you have a close relative living in Canada, who is a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada, who can sponsor you.  There are a number of conditions that need to be met before your sponsor can fill out an application, and if your sponsorship is successful, there are further requirements that are essential to meet.

Immigration lawyers are important collaborators for your immigration needs because they are responsible for ensuring that all of your requirements satisfy Canadian immigration officers.  Niren & Associates has qualified licensed attorneys who have assisted countless families through successful Family Class sponsorship cases.

Click here to get in touch with attorneys from our Edmonton, AB office to prepare your sponsorship application today

We wanted to thank you for all the work that you have done for us during the application process of our sponsorship/family class permanent resident visa.  With your help, support and willingness to answer all our questions promptly, our nerves were calmed and we were reassured that we were in good hands.  And now we are happy to report that our visa was approved quickly and relatively painlessly!  – Tanya M.

To qualify as a Sponsor, your relative must be:

  • Your spouse or;
  • Your mother or father or; *
  • Your grandmother or grandfather or; *
  • Your dependent child or;
  • Your brother, sister, nephew, niece who is orphaned under the age of 19 years and who is unmarried or;
  • Any relative who has no relatives listed above whom they can sponsor.

NOTE: As of November 5, 2011 there is a hold on all Parental and Grandparent Sponsorship Applications for a two year period. CIC has initiated SuperVisas which allow for quick 10 year multiple entry Visas for up to 24 months.

Requirements of the Sponsor

The Sponsor must be able to financially support the immigrant (and dependents) and to provide for their essential needs. There also are strict income requirements that the Sponsor must meet to qualify. However, if the Sponsor is sponsoring a spouse or a dependent child under the age of 19 who is unmarried, then these strict income requirements do not apply. However the sponsor must still demonstrate his or her ability to financially support the immigrant.

The Sponsor must also sign a Sponsorship Agreement between the Sponsor and the Immigrant as well as enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada. The Sponsor in entering into the agreement with the Government of Canada agrees to provide for the essential needs of the immigrant and dependents for a prescribed period of time. Failure to meet any of the terms and conditions provided for in this agreement could result in legal action being taken against the Sponsor.

Who can be a Sponsor?

A Sponsor can only be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 19 years old who is physically residing in Canada (or able to demonstrate an intention to reside in Canada by the time the sponsored family member lands in Canada) and who is not in prison, not bankrupt and not under a removal (deportation) order if a permanent resident.

A Sponsor can also have a Co-Signer whose income can be included along with that of the Sponsor. The Co-signer can only be the Sponsor’s Spouse and must also be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is at least 19 years old and who is not in prison, not bankrupt and not a person under a removal (deportation) order if a permanent resident.

Families are Brought Together With Help From Our Edmonton Immigration Attorneys

Niren & Associates has over 30 years combined experience assisting Canadians in bringing their family members to Canada through successful sponsorship.  Our immigration lawyers handle all the details, from properly filling out and submitting applications to making sure that all the requirements are met.

Contact our Edmonton, AB immigration lawyers to help prepare your sponsorship applications