About the H1B Visa for Canadians

A foreign national who wishes to work in the United States must first obtain a United States work visa, and one of these visas is the H1B work visa for the United States. This type of work visa is for specialty occupations, which means that the visa is for workers who will be working in jobs that require high levels of skills and education – usually, a bachelor’s degree or higher. H1B Visa for the United States

There are a large number of requirements for the H1B work visa, and all of these requirements need to be demonstrated effectively to visa officers who are processing your application. As a result, H1B applications are quite complex and time-consuming.

Applying for the H1B work visa

Some of the requirements of the H1B visa application include that you already have a job offer from a United States company, and that you are qualified for this job.

You must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualifications for the job, including the proper level of education.

In addition, there are requirements surrounding the job itself. For example, the job must be one that requires special skills or a bachelor’s degree or higher. In addition, the employer needs to pay you the prevailing wage for the occupation in that geographic region of the United States.

Do you want to work in the United States and think that the H1B visa will work for you? We can help you determine which United States work visa is the best option for you and your personal work situation. Contact our immigration law office for help as soon as possible for an assessment of your case.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.